django-tidings is a framework for sending email notifications to users who have registered interest in certain events, such as the modification of some model object. Used by support.mozilla.com, it is optimized for large-scale installations. Its features include...
- Asynchronous operation using the celery task queue
- De-duplication of notifications
- Association of subscriptions with either registered Django users or anonymous email addresses
- Optional confirmation of anonymous subscriptions
- Hook points for customizing any page drawn and any email sent
- Design Rationale
- Development Notes
- Version History
- Reference Documentation
django-tidings was developed by Erik Rose and Paul Craciunoiu, replacing a simpler progenitor written by the whole support.mozilla.com team, including Ricky Rosario and James Socol.